Withdraw all military forces from all current hostile AORs and redirect funding to US infrastructure, debt, and program. Iraq, Afghanastan, ..all the "Stans," and Middle East contain no physical interest of US national security. It's all political.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Stop all foriegn aid for defaulting and or non-friendly nations and redirect like amount to US based infrastructure and programs.
Eliminate civil servant and contractor home garaging and personal use use of govt vehicles. Require mandatory check out and return on a daily basis unless authorized overnight travel outside the local communiting area. Require POV for local travel to attend meetings.
I suggest all, non public, government office close 1 hour earlier to allow for the reduction in energy use for A/C. People generate heat and cause A/C to use more energy. Officeis should automat to decrease tempetures except for what is required to maintain proper levels loads required once employees return the next day... more »
The key to using a private email system like Yahoo or GMail is security. As long as every Govenment email is PKI encrypted before its sent to the private system, they would be un-readable and secure. NASA IT would have to develop the app that would do this encryption under a Yahoo or GMail system.
Disable under-cabinet lights. Many employees leave them on 24/7 as they are somewhat difficult to reach/access. If employees need more light, provide desktop energy saving lamps with easily accessible on/off switches.
Phase in the use of free open-source software applications for common use; such as desktop and network applications. This will reduce licensing costs and initial purchase expenses. Move towards enterprise open source standards and in-house development.
Eliminate all paper-based mailing to civil servants, vendors, and partners. Require electronic mailing and push the burden and cost of printing the material to the reciepients.
saves HR permanent change of station and new hire incentive funding which can be redirected to operations.
Cap contractor salaries to match the GS/WG level equivalent for like skill sets while reducing vendor contract overheads.
1) Previous travel experience has shown that often non-US carriers offer lower fares to the same destinations and better service than US carriers.
2) Requiring government travelers to use US carriers at full fare prices only hurts the US carrier as they are falsely propped up by the government as a customer.
Idea Synopsis: Do not restrict government travelers to use US-carrier, rather encourage the selection... more »
1) Most government employees have their own cell phone/smartphones and associated data packages for their personal use.
2) From my research the government pays over $100 per month per Iphone.
1) Perform a government wide survey to provide a preliminary assessment of the annual savings if the government offered a small monthly stipend to move current government cell phone/smartphone... more »
Why are there lunar landers being developed at multiple centers? Do we really need multiple departments building landers or can those people be doing something more productive?
Save up to 20% in energy costs by eliminating one day from the workweek.
We are all professionals, why not treat us like one. Since we don't get overtime anyway filling out a time sheet to say that we worked 40 hours is a waste of time and money.