Increae micropurchase threshold to $5000 or $10000 to reduce contracting paperwork and time wasted on justifying purchases.
Agancies should post their financial information in real time in the public. This would be true transparency, and would allow people to understand exactly what is being spent where.
Some of our contractors work for more than one division or group in our Agency. Hours logged on various contracts (by individual) should be tracked to make sure that the Agency is not being billed twice for the same hours.
- The amount of time/documentation required to issue a contract change to a weapon system development/production contract is determined by extensive law/reg that includes: DCMA rate review, DCAA materials/supplier audit, Truth In Negations Act (TINA) compliant contractor proposal, cost or price analysis for every sub-contractor >$650K and many others
- 95% of contracting actions at Aeronautical Systems Center... more »
- FMS cases for aircraft buys are almost entirely sole source at the request of the Partner Nation (PN) and this is allowed in the FAR
- FMS case values contain aircraft and other system pricing information generated during the Price and Availability (P&A) phase of the FMS case development utilizing industry and government participation
- Once the FMS case is signed by the USG and the PN it is a commitment... more »
The DOD would save between 2-4% on the value of all contracts, per year; the savings the government would accrue range from a low of $12bn and could exceed $32bn per year. The associated savings would be between $120 and $320 billion over the next... more »