Department of Veterans Affairs

STOP College Tuition Assistance and Give Degrees from Within

Community Member kudos icon + Community member

Instead of paying millsions of dollars to schools for Service Member Tuition Assistance, develop inner service degree programs based on technical merit achieved while serving in a specific Military Occupation Specialty. The longer the service member serves and the military schools, leadership positions, rank and positions held while serving should accumulate credits towards techincal or equivalent degrees issued by that service members Accredited Service University such as the Air Force Academy, Annapolis, West Point, etc.. Looking at finishing a career with an equivalent Master, Bachelors, or Associates degree based on the accomplishements of the service members during their term of service. Not all MOS's may be able to carry the higher degree plans but most should be able to carry atleast a 4 year degree equal.

I agree to have my idea, not my name or information, posted online. YES


Idea No. 7168