Community Member
Community Member
kudos icon +

Social Security Administration

SSI money used to support families of illegal aliens

We currently pay SSI benefits to a parent of a disabled child. The maximum amount payable is $674.00 per month.


We pay this amount to a parent even if the parent is an illegal alien who does not have a social security number.


If this parent, who does not have a social security number, has several disabled children, SSI will pay up $674.00 per month per child. There is not a maximum amount payable per family.


We should not provide a monthly check for these parents who are in the country illegally.


If their child, who is a US citizen, is disabled, then the child should qualify for medicaid only.


In addition, these same parents, who are in the country illegally, should not qualify for housing assistance.



Idea No. 6145