Social Security Administration

Form W-4v

Community Member kudos icon + Community member

We currently at Social Security Administration 800# number send out form IRS w-4v (Request for change in voluntary tax witholding) to those who request witholding over the phone. When we recieve the form back at the 800# number, we input the witholding. It would save money, time, and postage if after we properly and securely identify callers like we already do each time we make a change in a Social Security record, that we could input the witholding while they are on the phone and allow for beneficiaries to get their request done sooner.

I agree to have my idea, not my name or information, posted online. YES


Idea No. 14